Pagina's

zondag 29 augustus 2010

TF2 Sniper Rifle Replica

Everybody who played Team Fortress 2 knows the character "The Sniper". With his primary weapon a "Scoped Bolt-Action Rifle". Actually a HUGE SCOPE....

I'm starting a new project of building a life-sized replica of this gun. Also capable of use the scope and a firing mechanism. I'm going to spend from 50$ till 100$ for this project, so it falls under the medium budget projects.



I started out making a paper silhouette of the wooden handle of the gun.


















Next up I drew that silhouette onto a 11/4 inch thick MDF plate
















 
















For a good wooden handle I needed three of those pieces and 
and glued them together afterwards

















I used contact-glue to glue those part together. I also could use 
wood-glue but I didn't had any. Those part needs to be compressed
so I let gravity do it's job :P 


















When the wood is becomes a solid block, I started to file them 
with a grove wood file














Doesn't matter if those part are unequal. A file can do wonders















The file isn't only for making the parts equal, it's also for making 
some dynamic shapes into the wood. Later on I used sandpaper 
to smooth out the shape.


















I used a 4 inch diameter PVC tube, and some 
parts of a telescope to make the scope.


























At the end of the scope there's going to be a optic glass, so I used 
carton pieces to make the glass fit.

















A working scope needs four glass to give you a clear zoomed view.
I used a magnifying glass, and glasses from a telescope.






































Nice and Shiny

























Next up I started with the middle section by drawing them onto
same MDF plate





















I made two of those part, filed them, used sandpaper and glued them together

After drying I filed a rounding into them, that is where the
barrel is going to be.





































After that is glued a copper tube between those parts.


















Next up is I made the bolt from copper tubbing.



















The laser part of the gun is made from 3/4 inch thick MDF



















The middle is half way finished


















Next I made the part that are going to hold the scope from MDF and PVC















For the barrel is used 3/4 inch pvc tube and used a laser that looked
actually like the laser of the Sniper Rifle























Used some clay to smooth out the shape of the holders


















I sanded the wooden handle one last the and used some real,
dark,wood-lake for the gun. And they look like chocolate parts...



















The first coating of jungle green, later on I added another layer























The middle section was painted with metallic-grey and -dark grey


















The holders also needed to be painted with jungle green

The first layer of paint is a great succes

















When the first coating is ready, I went into the details. By adjusting the scope




















I placed this little memo in the middle where the scope was pointed. 
And adjusted the laser

















That's sweet






















Next up I made this from MFD and filed it so it fits perfectly


















Then I made a hole into the scope with a soldering tool, drilling
has the risk of scattering
Drilled a hole into the piece and TADA...










































Then I made a little switch circuit into the end of the scope
so the laser can be switch on




















Wires look sweet



































I made this little trigger from carton, MDF  and springs. The
trigger is going to hold the spring back and releases it when
trigged




















When the pin gets pulled back it will get stuck caused by the trigger

















Then I added some extra texture









































































































































1 opmerking: